Support a New Community with the Forest at its Heart. Join us for the launch of the Copeland Forest Friends Association and find out how you can support our efforts to preserve and protect one of the last tracts of Deep Woods forest in Ontario.
Saturday October 3 from 10 am to Noon
Horseshoe Resort X-C Ski Lodge & Parking Lot
- Barbecue. $7 per person or take out a membership and get a free lunch.
- Presentation on Horseback Trail Riding
- Mountainbike Skills Training with Ride Guides Noon to 1 pm *
- Horseshoe Resort Mountainbike Joyride Course will be set up and open 10 am to 2 pm
- Tethered Hot Air Balloon Rides ***Cancelled*** due to winds.
- Nature Walk with Brereton Field Naturalists and Orillia Naturalists’ Club
- Hike with Ganaraska Hiking Trail Association)
- Horseshoe Resort’s Special Events Trailer will be on-site.
- Memberships will be available for $25
Thanks to generous donations from local businesses, the majority of proceeds raised at the event will be used to fund the work of Copeland Forest Friends.
*Bring your bikes (the kids bikes too) and have some fun: Ride Guides will be doing a bike skills workshop from noon to 1 pm. The workshop is open to all who would like to learn more about bike handling. There will also be some riding obstacles there to practice your new skills. From 10 am to noon there will also be short guided rides out into the Copeland Forest, another good reason to bring the bikes.