We are the
Copeland Forest Friends
The Copeland Forest is a 4,400 acre Resource Management Area in Simcoe County, Ontario, Canada, owned by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forests. The size, beauty, and unfettered use of the forest by a wide variety of recreational users inspired an initiative to conserve the natural integrity of the forest and facilitate compatible recreational use.
In October 2015 the Copeland Forest Friends Association formed a Non-Profit Corporation, signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the MNRF, and began offering memberships. The organization has been structured to ensure that all of the major recreational user groups are represented equally. There are many ways to join us including becoming a member, volunteering, making a donation, and signing up for our newsletter. We look forward to seeing you in the forest!
News and Events
Notice of Meeting
The Board of Directors has approved a series of amendments to our by-laws and approval from a minimum of 10% of the membership is required. A special meeting will be held on September 20th, 2017 at the Horseshoe Resort boardroom next to the Crazy Horse Restaurant at 6 p.m. These proposals reflect the following changes:
- The mandate statement is clarified in order to support our application for federal charitable status.
- The head office has shifted reflecting a change in board membership.
- The timing of the annual general meeting is changed to ensure the meeting does not occur overlap with Family Day, and to allow broader scheduling flexibility.
- The listing of board advisors has changed as the Couchiching Conservancy is focusing its work with us on the Ecology and Sustainability Committee.
- The immediate past president will become a board advisor and may attend board meetings in a non-voting capacity.
- The continuation of the Technical Advisory Committee is supported with a change in membership.
- A borrowing by-law is required in order to facilitate the issuance of a credit card in order to pay expenses including the payment of web-site related expenses (that can only be paid via credit card).